Lazy lunches or al-fresco dining go hand in hand when you want to take time out catching up with friends and family.
When your desire is to eat out along the river Thames, the scenic stretch of river that runs from Richmond to Kingston to Hampton Court has an outstanding choice of brasseries, gastro pubs, restaurants and tea rooms.
There’s no London South Bank mayhem – just fabulous views and a choice of cuisines that easily rivals the West End.
Boat trips run between Kingston, Richmond & Hampton Court Palace – check timetable. Yep, it’s that easy…
Each of our boats has an outside deck, bar and toilets on board. Just put your feet up, enjoy a cold beer en route and soak up arguably the best views in SW London.
Here are a few favourite places recommended by Turks’ passengers
- The White Cross Pub opposite Turks Pier serves excellent bar food and have relaxing outdoor terraces
- Jackson & Rye – think Madmen style interiors and american relaxed style food
- The Bingham is where to enjoy award winning gastronomic delights – or a quintessential afternoon tea in the stunning gardens overlooking the river
- Tide Tables Cafe, one minute walk from the pier serves a wide range of tasty organic vegetarian food – and has plenty of outdoor seating next to the river.
- Just a minute or two further along you will firnd Bavarian favourite Steins and the ever popular Gaucho restaurant.
- Duck Pond Market takes place in Heron Square on Sunday (and Easter Monday) and is buzzing with an eclectic array of street food, arts & crafts
For more details: Richmond Riverside in the Summertime
Just two minutes walk either side of Turks Pier and all with al fresco dining and river views
- The Boaters Inn has a pretty outdoor river terrace, artisan ales & BBQ kitchen – fabulous place to spend a couple of hours or more
- Walk underneath Kingston Bridge and a whole new plaza of cosmopolitan restaurants have opened – Bills, Comptoir Libanese, Cau, Busaba Eathai, Cotes plus a few Kitchen Pop-Ups
- Woodys Bar & Kitchen for locally sourced quality pub nosh and riverside seating
- Charter Quay for Byron, Browns, Kappuccino, Slug & Lettuce or Carluccios – Steins is just a short walk along too
For more details: Where to eat along Kingston Riverside
- The Mute Swan directly across the road from Hampton Court Palace has excellent recommendations on trip advisor
- Riverside Brasseries serves european cuisine and exquisite afternoon teas with outdoor seating overlooking the water
- Kings Arms next door to the palace serves the best of British pub food – and every newspaper you want to read!
- East Molesley – 2 minute walk across HamptonCourtBridge has a short pretty street lined with pubs, cafes and restaurants where you can sit outdoors and watch the world pass by
Check out: What’s on at Hampton Court Palace
Each of our piers are within easy distance of the bus and rail networks – so you can enjoy a drink without any worry of driving..
River trips running March – October – see timetable – between Richmond, Kingston and Hampton Court Palace.